I love this cover for these 6 reasons:
- Because it represents the continuation of time-slip romances for me, this time in the River of Time: California Series
- Because the cover model is an avid River of Time reader/fan, so passionate about the series she spent her own moola to fly up to OR for the photo shoot
- Because the photographer was an amazing girl I met on our mission trip to Uganda last summer, Jennifer Ilene
- Because I think it’s beautiful
- Because my husband helped me pull it together
- Because it motivates me to finish my rough draft
When does it release? Shooting for April 2016 (publishing it myself)
What’s it about? (Here’s a brief blurb. I’ll post a first chapter in December to give you a better feel for it.) Zara Ruiz is a normal So Cal girl on the verge of graduating high school and thinking about her dawning future. But when dusk brings a shattering loss—and she discovers a priceless object in the shallows of a tide pool—she is thrust into the distant past. There she meets handsome ranchero Javier de la Ventura—who has big dreams and bigger secrets—along with his enchanting family, in a land that is at once familiar, and yet utterly foreign. Between cattle rustlers, pirates and a growing call for statehood, it is not an easy time to be a Mexican settler in young Alta California. But it is there that Zara must decide if she can find what she longs for most in the past, or if her precious Three Wishes can only be resolved in the present.
The cover is not final-final (we still have some fussing to do), but I think it’s 97% there…what do you think??